Greetings!

Welcome and thanks for visiting! Well, if you are here, reading this, then you have already read our profile, so we'll try not to bore you with the same stuff! Really, this is more of an opportunity for us to show you more pictures and hope you can get a better feel for who we are and how we live. I, Gina, just love to take pictures, so please feel free to look around! Have fun! Gina & Keith

Feel free to contact us at keith.gina@gmail.com

Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22 - Such a day!

Whew! Such a day as this! What can I tell you! Today is my sister-in-law's birthday, Gypsy Rose's "dedicated" birthday, since we don't know her real one, the second to last day of school and the day my parents got married in 1945. Right now, I have to admit, I am MOST excited that tomorrow is the last day of school! It has been a good year, but I am certainly ready for the summer! We also had our last meeting with the social worker last night to complete our homestudy. We have just a couple of paperwork things to do and then we're ready to roll!


Today is also a very sad day. I learned that Maria, the daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman, a Contemporary Christian Music singer, was killed last night in their driveway. Her brother was driving the family car out of the garage and did not see her. I am heartsick. I simply cannot imagine what pain the family must be going through. This is the family that adopted a little girl from China, started a foundation to help others adopt and to help orphans. Then, they were led to adopt two more little girls from China, the third being little Maria. I truly believe that the Lord has a plan and that every situation has a purpose to His glory. It is so difficult to see that plan and purpose in the tragic death of such a young child. I can only accept that through this, many people will be praying for the family and making contributions to Shaohannah's Hope, the family's organization to aid adoptions. In this way, He will be glorified through people's communion with Him and the future children who will be helped. Maybe others will even draw closer to Him, knowing that at a time like this, He is the only one to hold on to.


We spent our first Mother's Day with Christopher this month! It was very exciting and still a bit strange to hear people wishing me "Happy Mother's Day". Keith, I mean Christopher, got me the cutest card with BamBam and Dino (from the Flintstones), which is special because we've nicknamed Christopher BamBam for he moment! He slaps any flat surface with his hands or feet whenever he can!

Okay, well, I'm going to go to bed now. I hope to have some more blogs this summer ... more exciting and perhaps more interesting topics than just what's happening in my little corner of the world! Perhaps I'm being vain in thinking that anyone has read this, but ... if you ARE reading this ... thanks and have a great day!

Gina <><

No comments: